At various points of the year children come into a range of hazardous materials such as sparklers and fireworks. Although they provide much fun and enjoyment for our children and their families, the potential dangers our working with fireworks are huge.
The Northern Ireland Fire Service has distrubuted a number of key safety information sheets for the safe and apprpriate use of fireworks as well as how children should be dressed at Halloween.
Too many fancy dress items are not fire safety compliant so when used in conjunction with sparklers etc. they may cause a potentially lethal combination.
We have included the information from NIFS below for your own reading and education.